T Family, Family Photography, Rexburg, ID

I've hired photographers in the past that I've either loved the finished product, or I had the opposite reaction. As a photographer, I stress almost constantly that my clients will have that "opposite" reaction I mentioned. But even with the stress, I have a great job. I really do. I get to be out in nature for hours and hours. I show up to the site plenty early so I can walk around and just feel. I want to capture moments and memories, which is really hard if I don't go and mentally map it out. Getting there early is one of my favorite things because I have a minute to become in touch with my surroundings, with the earth and it's beauty.

And when the stars align, I put my subjects in touch with it and it all comes through on the camera. Sometimes it works out better than others. This is one of those times.

It was cold, yes. But there was a foot of fresh, untouched snow with more falling gently. There was no wind biting through our skin. The trees were calm and beautiful. And there was so much love. While I was editing these pictures, I found myself smiling. A lot. I love it when that happens.

Congratulations to the happy couple on their marriage. You make a beautiful family!







You may wonder why I'd choose to showcase a picture where one of the subjects isn't looking at the camera. The answer is that this is an unplanned moment of pure happiness and laugher. As a photographer, this is exactly the kind of emotion I want to celebrate.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment